Generally when I give a debian/ubuntu server to developers or other end users, I install webmin and teach them how to use it. Webmin is a great tool for those who either don’t like command line or are just not up to speed with the latest commands to use. Unfortunately a developer installed jira confluence and it broke the SSL settings on apache. Instead of “fixing” the problem, I just went and did it the lazy and easy way: disable ssl for webmin.

SSH to the server as root (or use sudo in front)
nano /etc/webmin/miniserv.conf
Change ssl=1 to ssl=0, save and quit nano
/etc/init.d/webmin restart
Profit!