I had IAS working on a 2003 server as a RADIUS server for authentication to a Cisco ASA for VPN connectivity.
1 Create a RADIUS Client on the NPS
2 Create a network Policy as follows;
- Right click network policies and click new
- Type a policy name accept the defaults and click next
- Add a condition (I used a windows group with my users in it), click next
- Make sure the access granted radio button is selected and hit next
- Select the “Unencrypted authentication (PAP, SPAP)” and unselect the rest
- Select NO on the annoying help box
- Finally select next then next and finish to complete.
3 Configure your Cisco device for RADIUS as you would have with 2k3.