IT.TheLibrarie.Com Ramblings Of An IT Person

October 7, 2013

Chrome Resolving Host Slow Loading

Filed under: Microsoft,Troubleshooting — bsdman @ 8:15 am

Running Windows 7 Ent x64 fully patched. I noticed that chrome would take a while to open pages – even pages that I had already visited during the day – and I figured there was a problem with my system.

Windows updates had recently patched the system
McCrappy had been removed in favor of Kaspersky
Chrome had been updated to the latest version
Java/Flash/etc were already all up to date

Long story short, I disabled the Built-in Asynchronous DNS functionality of Chrome and noticed a substantial speed difference (gain).

Open a chrome window
navigate to chrome://flags
Find Built-in Asynchronous DNS (about halfway down the page)
Change to disable, and then restart the browser

2 Comments »

  1. To solve my Resolving host slowliness, I went to Control Panel => Network and Sharing => Change Adapter Settings => TCP IP v4 => Change the DNS servers to Google: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

    Now it is lightning fast

    Comment by Claude — December 5, 2013 @ 12:05 pm

  2. In a domain environment you can’t just change the internal DNS resolution servers to public ones – the internal infrastructure generally will stop working correctly.

    I also found an issue where the domain controllers had the wrong forwarders setup – it takes up to 3 seconds of failures before the root hint servers take over. This gives the impression of huge delays when you’re talking about several different sites loading data on a single page.

    Comment by bsdman — February 7, 2014 @ 10:26 am

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

Leave a comment

*

Powered by WordPress